The Make Up Must Haves Part One

To every girl out there who is just starting to wear make up, the amount of choices to make can be slightly daunting. Whether your budget covers high end products, or high street, the choices can be endless, so here is a list of make up products that I believe are truly worth their price tag. This post will be split into two categories high street and high end, firstly here's Part One: The High Street

The Eyeliner- 
For only £1 it's hard to go wrong, I bought the Starry Night version for this eyeliner and, although it does not last all day on the waterline (but to be honest how many eyeliners do?), the texture is not too slippery or hard. If you're anything like me, and can't go a day without applying eyeliner, this one is definitely worth a try.



The Mascara- 
When I first tried this mascara I did not like the effect it had, but after perfecting the technique and letting the product dry out a little bit, I found that the product does exactly what it says it does: give volume. So if you're looking for a new mascara, this is one to put on the shopping list.

The Lipstick- 
I am yet to try the raved about Moisture Renew Lipstick, also by Rimmel, but here is a good alternative. The colour selection is wide and there is a colour for everyone, whether it is a nude or bright lip. I personally have number 19, which I fins to be perfect dark nude. 



The Lip Stain- 
This product is perfect for those just beginning to use makeup, it is without the commitment of having to reapply a lipstick and without the stickiness of a lipgloss. I would suggest the colour Honey for a natural look, but each shade is truly beautiful in its own right. 

The Concealer-
As a girl who watches copious amounts of beauty videos on YouTube, this one is definitely a favourite of most people, the trick is to not add too much product and I would not suggest putting it on dry patches of skin as it will become cakey and attract attention to the dryness.    

The Eyebrows-
Contrary to the name, this product is not necessarily a pen, but more of a wax. However, it achieves a  natural result, which is trustworthy when in a rush. Caution must be taken though to ensure that only a small amount of pressure is placed when brushing the stick through the brows, otherwise they may end up looking slightly drastic. However, the brush on the end is handy if you ever do become heavy handed, as brushing through will tone down the look.

The Eyeshadow
I recently purchased the Smokey Brown version of this quad and it is absolutely beautiful, perfect for a smokey eye or just a simple wash of colour over the lid, I would recommend this to someone who just wants to try out a few eye looks.


The Foundation
Out of all of the high street make up I have tried, this has to be my favourite. Applied with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush it provides the medium coverage I prefer. Also it is the only foundation I have tried which would not become patchy during the day.




Look out for Part Two of this post which will be about the high end products I recommend!

Do you have any suggestions for high street products?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Just another blogger who is obsessed with everything to do with beauty and fashion. Contact me with any questions or comments at bellezzamoderna@hotmail.com :)

BlogLovin'

Follow on Bloglovin