Confidence

Being a teenage girl, confidence is a trait that I, and most of the people surrounding me, do not possess. It is not natural to look in the mirror and feel content with what we see, no matter how much make up we use. Which makes me question why, in our society, that we are more likely to list our flaws than our good points?





When I look around, whether it is in my college classes, or around the street, all I see is beautiful people. I never believe someone to be ugly, so why do we think of ourselves this way? It's a problem within our culture to see the redness on our face, the shape of our nose or our body shape as a negative. But the odd thing is that we hardly even notice these attributes on other people.

Confidence is not something we are encouraged to feel within today's society and if we encounter someone who acts confident it can often be confused with arrogance. Embracing who we are is something I believe should be taught, as most of the self confidence issues people experience happen around adolescence, when people are already vulnerable. It is important to know that our lives are not limited to how we look, which is always a concern in, and even after, adolescence.

We all know people who are not confident with who they are, whether it is regarding looks or intellect, but actually they exceed their own perception of themselves. There are girls my age, and older, who are absolutely stunning but don't believe it.

To remind people how beautiful they really are, when I compliment someone in my thoughts, I want to say it to them, as receiving a compliment can feel wonderful, so why not make someone feel the same? :)

So I challenge you to pay somebody a compliment, whether it is how their hair is styled, their outfit or their personality, you will make them smile and maybe even change how they feel about themselves!

What are your thoughts on confidence?

And remember: you are beautiful exactly how you are :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Just another blogger who is obsessed with everything to do with beauty and fashion. Contact me with any questions or comments at bellezzamoderna@hotmail.com :)

BlogLovin'

Follow on Bloglovin